Who Needs Private Health?
Who needs private health?
Your pet may need it more than you think
We regularly hear the comment from pet owners that they don’t feel pet insurance is necessary as their dogs are always on a lead or their cats never leave the house or garden but;
- What about the numerous feral cats that wander every neighbourhood starting fights and invariably carrying Feline Aids?
- Your dog may be the friendliest but all dogs aren’t the same, what about the stray dogs and antisocial dogs not on leads in public places?
- What about the many drowsy venomous snakes that will turn up in gardens and under houses as the seasons change?
It doesn’t have to be as dramatic as fights and bites, we have treated so many pets that have hurt themselves and never left the safety of their own home.
- The over exuberant pet running into trouble on harmless sticks and twigs many needing surgery.
- The forgotten box of Rat Bait that an inquisitive nose has found.
- The many dogs with fish hooks stuck through their mouths from a harmless tackle box that wasn’t shut properly.
It doesn’t have to be only puppies that swallow things they shouldn’t, here’s a list of some of the items we have had to surgically remove from various pets.
All of these are accidents, all incurred through no fault of the pet owner and all requiring veterinary attention.
Vets now use sophisticated and costly diagnostic tools and equipment that can detect problems that once would have gone unnoticed and untreated.
All these amazing improvements have consequently led to higher veterinary fees; there are no public hospitals for your pets so the need for pet insurance has never been more important than it is today.
Many existing insurances such as house and contents or health insurance can offer pet insurance but it’s always a good idea to look at specific Pet Insurers to get the best cover available.
Talk to the team at Vet Cross who has had plenty of experience in this field, they will be happy to advise you on the best health cover for your pet, you will be surprised as it’s not as expensive as you think and it will be peace of mind for you.